Pages

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Grandson Again...

He has it in his head (he says from his dad) that even after salvation, each time you commit a sin you are again at risk of going to hell for eternity.

I don't believe that and have had a difficult time explaining to his satisfaction. He figures, if I'm human which means I'm going to sin, why try - I'm going to hell any way you look at it.

I've been looking for the right scripture and I found and read to him tonight from Romans 8:31-39. That is an awesome message from God through Paul for all of us.

37 Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.
38 For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,
39 Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.


It doesn't mean "go ahead and sin, you're going to heaven anyway" or give up because "sin is a part of you and you're going to hell anyway". I do believe it means we are safe after salvation. And I believe for our sins without repentance after salvation we will be held accountable.

Upon Salvation the Holy Spirit is the gift of God to us and tells your heart when you have done something that's not right and that you need to repent for. Fine-tune listening is an important part of that to me.

I hope I explained correctly and I pray he listened and understood.

1 comment:

  1. Who is there, who has experienced for himself, the unspeakable love of God?

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment