Pages

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Gentleness



Gentleness, something we all need to feel both from others and also in our selves. I am not always of a gentle nature and fall short with patience because of this. I know that through the years due probably to need I have developed a more gentle nature especially with others.

But often, times "try me" and I recognize that. I want to learn to be a gentle person all the time instead of having some other reaction and having to find my gentleness. I want it to be the real me, the first me.

I believe that is what God wants also.

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with it's passions and desires. If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.
Galatians 5:22-25

The Spirit is Christ Jesus if we claim to have Him in us then we must be in Him, we should strive to be like Him also and that surely includes gentleness as His scripture says

I have a long way to go and won't reach it till I get to Heaven but I want to strive to be closer to it every day.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not a gentle person by nature either. I can't remember how long ago it was, but one New Year's Day as I had my own personal "retreat" to set goals for the new year, the Lord showed me that gentleness was my goal for that year. So, I started praying everyday, "Lord, make me a gentle, quiet person on the inside."

    Well, it took much longer than a year - several years of praying that. But one day it dawned on me that the Lord HAD changed me; that gentleness had become a part of me; that my first reaction wasn't anger or harshness anymore. I had slowly become a much gentler, more quiet person.

    If God can do it in me, He can do it in you, too.

    Blessings,
    Jean
    http://www.jeanmatthewhall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment