Pages

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Each Beautiful in a Completely Different Way

Just some photos today of another walk in the forest with my daughter M with her husband V and son Zachary.

As we walk through the forest staying mainly with the trails I am always in search of some plant, leaf or rock to snap a shot of, being the shutter-bug that I am.

I suppose I love the mushrooms because in the earth tone colors of the Florida forest's their sometimes rich, vibrant colors just jump out and grab you, they are such a surprise and a treat.
Very pleasing to my senses and vastly different while the same kind of growth. Mushrooms are fungi the word sounds like a scourge on the earth doesn't it? Not at all are they!


I have found purple, lavender, pink, coral, orange, red, blue, green, yellow, black, white, brown, tan...wow! I never noticed in my childhood that there was any other than a plain white toadstool. Now every one catches my eye and at this point I have Zachary's youthful eyes trained to scope out, zoom in on and find every mushroom in the forest for me.


Too many photos to put them all up here so I decided to pick just four.

The diversity of color, size, and shape is mind blowing. And they are all growing in the same forest area.

Kind of like people if you think about it, same family and with equal the diversity but still all just "people". All children of God and each beautiful in a completely different way.


2 comments:

  1. Wow that's some variety of mushrooms. I've never seen any other than the normal white ones,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos. Forest fungi are so diverse. You're right. Like people on God's earth.

    You gotta love them all--people, that is.

    Blessings,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment