Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

The Proof

In the sermon this morning our Pastor repeated something to us that he had read.


"If you were arrested for being a Christian, would there be enough evidence to convict you"

Well that is certainly bottom-lining it isn't it!

You could see everyone in the church make some kind of movement, everyone heard that and some how reacted. Our minds were all spinning and bodies twitching.

A question like that certainly starts the wheels turning.

I, like I imagine everyone else is still thinking about it. If they pulled in witnesses would there be any to prove and convict? If they questioned strangers, store clerks, restaurant waitresses, your gas station attendant etc. would anyone be able to say "yes, that woman/man is definitely a Christian I heard her use the name of the Lord and I have seen her help other people, talk to others, care for others in Christs name, I saw that, convict her!

Would your neighbors and family be able to testify that you were definitely "one of them". That they all heard you use His name and spreading His Word, Convict her! She tried to tell me about needing that 'stuff' in my life - Convict her!

Would there be any proof?

I am definitely going start making sure of that!

1 comment:

  1. It sounds like you've found a church with a pastor who preaches the Word of God without apology. That's a rare find.

    I'd say he's a keeper.

    And you are, too.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment