Pages

Monday, March 9, 2009

When God Becomes Silent




Psalm 46:10 (King James Version)
10Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.


"Be still and know that I am God" the pastor this Sunday kept repeating those words and explaining step by step.


When God is silent and we are wondering why, it's OK to question God, it's OK to ask as Christ did on the cross "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" (from Mark 15:34) We need to ask, and listen as God tells us. Sometimes He is silent while planning what is next for us and sometimes He is silent while we are learning a lesson He has planned for us. But it is important that we respect His right to silence and all0w as He creates.


Even when God is silent and we are being respectful we should keep talking to Him, praying and reading His word until we break through the silence. When God is silent, be quiet and let Him work but don't stop making contact with Him.


The one thing God wants above all else is an intimate relationship with each of us and to accomplish that we have to:


1. trust

2. let go

3. anticipate

4. expect


We don't need to hear every thing God is thinking we need to have faith and be able to do the 4 listed above without panicking, with complete faith.


When God is silent be quiet and let Him work - "when we think what He thinks" we have that intimate relationship. Practice silence before Him.


Sometimes I have wondered if I misunderstood when I thought God did intervene in my hobby or something as frivolous as that but now I know that absolutely anything that interests me or any situation I may be in is not insignificant to God, ANYTHING, ANYWAY He can use it is what He will use to teach us to trust Him. Yes he wants more than anything an intimate relationship with us each.


Help fixing your car, picking you up when you slide on ice (j), guiding you to that 39 cent screw for something you needed, helping you find your lost car keys - all these things are God being involved in these seemingly unimportant events teaching us about trust! There doesn't need to be a grand miracle to blow you away, that happened when Christ died on the cross and arose. It's all these tiny unimportant things that God continuously involves Himself with that teach us over and over again about trusting Him.


So when God is silent it doesn't have to mean something is wrong it means you need to completely trust with great respect that there is a reason for it and He loves you, He is still there you are never alone.


Matthew 28:20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.


He is still there.



3 comments:

  1. So true. We don't like waiting. We really don't like silence. We feel safer with lots of noise around us.

    Practice silence when God is silent. Listen. Wait. Respect.

    Thank you, Miawa.

    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, sometimes he is silent and sometimes when you're having another one of those days when you want to run and hide from the world he sends a message through the most unlikely people. To share a story, I was having another one of those days at work and one of the guys I work with walked by and said "Smile Annie, Jesus loves you"...lol A comment out of a 22 year old kid that made me laugh and stop for a second and think about what he had just said.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WAITING QUIETLY IS NOT IN OUR HUMAN NATURE IS IT JEAN?


    SO SWEET THAT SOMEONE SO YOUNG ANNIE, WOULD BE SO SPIRIT FILLED AND THAT GOD WOULD HAVE HIM READY FOR JUST THAT OPPORTUNITY FOR JUST YOU!

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment