Pages

Monday, October 13, 2008

Sometimes All it Takes is a Smile



Golly some days I wake up so grouchy and cross feeling. On those days it doesn't take much to make it worse and in the same respect it doesn't take much to make it better either. A simple smile from anyone who crosses my path can ease that edge away can't it?

Well in the same turn-about, your smile can be the most important thing to someone else's day also. Learning to smile all the time isn't easy - I know! I am not a person who carry's a smile on my face just automatically. I have to work on putting one there, why do I want to?



Psalm 126:2 Then was our mouth filled with laughter, and our tongue with singing: then said they among the heathen, The LORD hath done great things for them.

God does great things for Christians and we have reason to smile and share that smile to show others and be a testament that He does great things for us.



Luke 1:14 And thou shalt have joy and gladness; and many shall rejoice at his birth.

The birth of Christ Jesus our Lord and Savior born to bear the cross and open the gates of heaven by salvation for all of us who believe in Him. To think of that every morning as part of our spiritual study as we start the day has to put a smile on our faces.



We all have that smile but like me sometimes I have to remind myself why or even be reminded by someone else. It seems normal for humans to think of the drama first, the burdens. I am going to put forth a lot more effort to think of my Christian smile every morning as I wake up and try so very hard to share that smile with someone else, anyone, especially a stranger I meet who may or may not be saved and who that little smile could become something very big to.
I love the Lord and He loves me, what's not to smile about? So find your smile today!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Truth so lightly veiled and winsome.

    The Lord has given you a gift for expressing your heart clearly, simply, beautifully.

    And I love the pics, too!

    Love you,
    Jean

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jean you are so nice,
    And I thought you would like the pics of K,C&D.

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment