Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

I Love My Friends

I used to have mere acquaintances but I now know what "friends" are.  The Lord has blessed me in this little community with people who share, need and show compassion.

On Thanksgiving Day we had a dinner, cooked solely and prepared by "the two brothers", for anyone who wanted or needed to eat.  It was a gathering of love as well as great eats.

Rebecah pitched in with eats and so did I with my tangerine-pineapple bread baked fresh for the occasion.

This community shares way beyond that, If someone needs a new AC, we pitch in and make it happen, if someone needs to get to a doctor, we all pitch in and make it happen.   We all ask each other when freezing nights are coming, "have you got heat?"  "Are you sure?"

All the families with children pass the clothes down and around, it's really sweet.  Everyone works together and makes sure that each child has a warm jacket when winter is coming and that needed shoes are there.

It's very comforting here, for the first time in my  life I like being involved and contributing as well as receiving.  God knew how much I needed this experience, how much I needed to learn and how much I could give, I didn't know, but He surely did.

I've written about my little community here before I just needed to update and let everyone know that "all good things do not come to an end" (played with the words a little).  God has blessed all of us little misfits with each other and continues to bless us daily.  I am still amazed every time I receive a  "how are you neighbor?" even though it's just like the one I received before, still amazed.

God is so good, I know you will agree! 

posted a new photo to p3

4 comments:

  1. what a wonderful community you live in. not many places like that around.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you have a real FAMILY there, Miawa, with loads of love coming your way and many opportunities to love others.

    A true community.

    A Koinoinia as the First Century Christians called it.

    Love you,
    Jean, Sis.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies, have a great day out there in blogger land!

    ReplyDelete
  4. (Proverbs 17:17 KJV) "A friend loveth at all times, and a brother is born for adversity."

    You find your true "family" when trials come.

    ReplyDelete

to leave comment